Skip to main content

Fear not, for I am with thee

Dear worry,

I have been overwhelmed lately. Taking on everything and anything is kind of my specialty. My sweet husband reminded me that I don't need to stress, worry and freak out about everything that I can't do or don't do perfect. Mr. C is my rock! He told me something that was very profound. He said that the church is like a hospital. We are all sick and need to go to get better. Some people think they don't need to get better or they think that they are cured. The thing is, we will never be cured from our ailments. We always need treatment for the problems that we have. And as I thought about that, I realized that I will never be great and everything. And I am not sure why I think I could be. I can do some things really good and that I should let the rest of the other stuff go. The trails that we have in this life, aren't something that we have to face alone.

Now to switch gears, Miss June had her dance recital this week. She was so excited! Right before it started her teacher came to me and said she couldn't find her. So, I helped the search party and we found her hiding behind a desk. She told me that she was scared that she couldn't find me. I quickly told her that I was right there for her and there was nothing to be afraid of. She then knew she was okay and danced a great dance! Later that night I talked more to her about her being afraid. We talked about prayer and the things that we can do to not be afraid. We knelt down together and prayed that we could be comforted when we do get scared. I have opportunities to teach my children every day. And if I don't take the time to teach them, then that time is lost. I don't always seize those moments, but I pray that I can recognize when I should teach them.

This week I have relied on my family to teach me. I love them dearly.

Sincerely, Erin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone have a trank gun!

Sometimes I feel like a toddler, discovering my belly button for the first time. My belly button is so unrecognizable now. The only problem I am finding about being pregnant is all the body changes. I mean, weight! Being thin for 28 years then ballooning up in a matter of months has really scared me. I know, I know, everyone says that I will loose it all very quickly, but I still don't like it. At church I looked down at my feet and ankles and realized that I no longer have any ankles...they have morphed into cankles...Yuk! I was so discussed that I almost threw up. I wish I was one of those women who don't gain hardly anything and don't really look like they are pregnant until they give birth. Okay, enough of poor me! It's not hard to remind myself that I am pregnant though...I can't go an hour without her kicking me. There is life in there...I am so happy whenever I can feel her. I am happy really easily...just give me chips or ice cream and I am fine. Which isn&#

Our Baby Girl's Room

The Baby room is getting more attention now. I have decorated the walls and put new bedding in the crib. I thought about painting the walls but I think it looks better with the original cream color. I really didn't want to much going on in there. She is one lucky girl to have all this attention to her room. If you didn't notice from the pictures we have decided to name her Cheryl Love Christopherson. She is named after her Grandma Christopherson that has passed away from breast cancer. She was a amazing woman and so little Cheryl has some big shoes to fill. My next project is to make some cute little dresses for her. We can't wait for her arrival. XOXO-Erin

Homemade Diaper Bag

I finally made a diaper bag for myself to replace the nasty old one I had. I am so far loving it a ton. I went from a pattern at first then scraped it and did my own design. I am happy with the result and now I am contemplating on making more and selling them. XOXO-Erin